We are always looking for mature, professional and trustworthy pet loving people to join The Paw Squad®. Our qualifications are very specific — we are looking for true, committed animal lovers with experience and compassion to join our team.
Pet care offers a wonderful opportunity to spend time with a variety of animals. Depending on the role, your schedule can be flexible with planned time off. You get plenty of outdoor exercise while earning great pay. The animals lavish you with their love and affection and the work is fun. Our staff love what they do and find their work very rewarding.
Availability is crucial to this position. You must be available for the following:
Doggie Daycare Specialist positions are scheduled in shifts from 7am-Noon, Noon-5pm and 5pm-10pm and can be available as a double with a unpaid half hour break in between. Holiday/Peak periods may add supplemental shifts from 9am-2pm and 2pm-7pm. Overnight positions are scheduled in shifts from 9:30pm-7:30am. Select staff may be asked to enter client’s homes for pet taxi and/or pet sit reasons. Assignments can include all seven days of the week and weekend days and holiday availability is essential. The ability to pass a background check and a urine drug test is mandatory for some roles.
- Have experience caring for a variety of pets AS AN ADULT including dogs of 50 lbs +
- Are punctual, organized, proficient in written and verbal English and can follow detailed instructions
- Are a mature, professional adult aged 18 years or older
- Own a reliable, insured vehicle
- Have a smartphone (SMS/MMS capabilities a must)
- Can provide excellent personal and work related references
- Are willing to work a minimum of one weekend day and most holidays
- Have a clean driving record and can pass a formal background check including a urine drug test (role dependent)
- Live within our service area
- Be pet CPR or first aid certified (or be willing to get certified)
- Be able to be critiqued without taking offense
- Be willing to sign a non-solicit agreement covering a period of one year after working with us within a 30 mile radius
- Be a team player and able to work on your own efficiently
Some of the services you are required to perform
- Feed and water pets at scheduled times
- Administer medication including being able or willing to learn to give injections
- Exercise, play with and bathe/brush pets
- Pick up after pets including cleaning up pet messes
Having a strong character and being detail oriented is critical to being a member of The Paw Squad®, as our clients’ trust us with a great responsibility. You also must be proficient in managing your time on a daily basis. This job is not for everyone and should be carefully considered. We require you to spend two hours in a second interview on-site to get a feel for the job before we make a commitment. We are looking for people who not only have a passion for animals, but are continually educating themselves in animal care. Even though you will be dealing mostly with animals at times you will have to put on your best face to interact with their humans as well.
If you meet or exceed these qualifications, please contact us at either email@example.com or at + 1 (914) 458-4181 or + 1 (203) 548-7978. If we have an opening in your area and your qualifications match our criteria, then we will contact you. If you do not hear from us right away, it may mean that we do not currently have a position open in your area. We will keep your application on file for six months. We hope to be adding you to The Paw Squad® in the near future.